Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a completely rust free black/black 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII with every available option, including the hand-free voice activated car-phone!! :D It only has 122K Miles and is in perfect condition. This is one awesome car, and it was a deal I just couldn't pass up.

I just got it and its really dirty right now but here it is:

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Nice ride!

I remember when these first came out, the magazines, after complaining for years about the fake wood in American-made luxury cars, complained that the Mark VIII looked too plain inside.

I like the later ones with the indirect, neon-lit trunk portion of the taillight. Looks like the Millenium Falcon going away!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Awesome car!!! :thumb: :thumb:
Ive always wanted one of those. Its hard to believe its 16 years old. It looks great. I like that fancy "car phone". The air ride actually works, you dont see that much on a older Lincoln

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Nice ride!

I remember when these first came out, the magazines, after complaining for years about the fake wood in American-made luxury cars, complained that the Mark VIII looked too plain inside.

I like the later ones with the indirect, neon-lit trunk portion of the taillight. Looks like the Millenium Falcon going away!
[/b]
I love that taillight!

Nice car! :coolgleam:

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
Looks real good for a 93

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I want!!! :eek: :eek:

Those cars are amazing... My friend has a 95 Lincoln, I love it, told him if he decides to sell it, I want it :p

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
always a good find to see one of those thats not 100% sitting on the ground! i went to see a 95 before i had my taurus, and it was slammed, and i thought it had coilovers but the guy said the suspension need to be replaced!

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
i am jelous i love mark 8's i would kill for one of them (98 preferably with every option lol) i have wanted one for a long time... i actually had to choose between one just like yours and my sable at the dealership i wished i could bring both home with me... my moms old sable wagon had a car phone in it only one i have ever seen in a taurus/sable

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Looks nice :) I don't care for the styling much myself but it looks like you can clean it up and make it look real good.

[/b]
That was definitely one of the coolest things ever on a production car. Some Explorers had them for the high mount brake too.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Man that thing is dirty inside! Who did you buy it from? The Duke Boys? (just clowning)

Yeah, that Continental is a great platform for mods and there are lots of people modding them. I believe it has the same engine as the Cobra, right? I was looking at those and found some nice ones but I decided to buy a Gen II instead.

I did read that the air ride was problematic and there is a company that sells a complete system to remove it if you ever go down that road.
http://www.strutmasters.com/catalog.php?cat=15#*M8%2093-98-4

It appears they have replacement parts too
http://www.strutmasters.com/catalog.php?cat=15

Hook it up! I am sure it's a great car!

92SHO97SHO

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Does someone want to explain to me what Air Ride is? It sounds intresting. Makes me think of sitting on a cloud... a fast cloud >_>

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Does someone want to explain to me what Air Ride is? It sounds intresting. Makes me think of sitting on a cloud... a fast cloud >_>
[/b]
I'm not sure, but being a lincoln of that era, I would assume it uses an air bag suspension. Can anyone back me up on this?

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Yes, it's the air bag suspension. The Continental also used that system and it was very problematic as it aged. There are a lot of Contis around here that look slammed, but it's just a defective system.

A friend of mine has a '95 Conti and she said that it's broken, but if she has the door open then the compressor will kick on and try to pump because the car wants to make sure there's enough clearance for the door to clear the curb.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the comments guys!!! :D

I know that the car is extremely dirty but that is only because it snowed the day before yesterday and they threw another huge load of salt on the road and every car driving looks like crap. But when I went to look at the car on monday, before the snow storm, it was shining and looked great. I was able to look all around and underneath the car and couldn't find any rust.

It just got that dirty on the drive home and it was wayyyy too cold to attempt to clean it for a photo shoot :p

Heres a couple really small pics that the previous owner took last summer when it was all shined up:

And I've definitely heard that the air ride systems can be huge headaches, but luckily this one has had the front air struts, the air compressor and dryer replaced recently.

And the transmission was rebuilt 12,000Miles ago

·
Registered
276 Posts
Very sleek ride, congrats!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Nice Mark. They are very nice cars for sure.

When I was looking for Thunderbird, I thought about a Mark VIII (97-98) and decided that I didn't want to deal with air suspension, headlights and some of the electrical issues that goes along with both. It was hard to say No to 280HP.

James

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Fo!

Again

Fo!

Again foo

lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice Mark. They are very nice cars for sure.

When I was looking for Thunderbird, I thought about a Mark VIII (97-98)
James
[/b]
A lot of people seem to like the '97-98 Mark's more, but I can't stand the front end on those things. The rear taillight looks awesome but the front just looks soo bulbous.....kinda like a Gen3 Taurus

Fo!

Again

Fo!

Again foo

lol
[/b]
:confused: :headscratch: :dunno:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts