Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<-----------Scroll down for the pictures------------>

As the topic states, I'm selling Vanessa, since I'm getting... something else.

Click on the link in my sig for the pictures.

She has:
[ ---> denotes something I forgot to add in the beginning. ]

145,000 miles on the odometer
1995 Police 3.8L Engine w/77,000 miles
New Head gaskets
New rod bearings (Installed 1/17/2004)
New heater core.
New Radiator.
New power steering return line.
4 new Kumho Ecsta HP4 tires on police rims
New mufflers, and rear Y-pipe
Less than 10,000 miles on new carbon metallic pads and new rotors.
Anonda Motorsports SFC's
---> STOCK 24mm/26mm sway bars.
Crystalline headlamps from 1995 Taurus SE
---> 4 wheel disc ABS
---> 130A alternator
---> Factory dual exhaust
---> High current wiring already in passenger compartment
Blue LED illuminated instrumentation
Blue LED maplights
Alpine Type-S Front 6.5" Speakers and Type-S 5x7" rear speakers
Alpine CDA-7893 240W (60w x 4) CD Headunit

She does/ needs:
Rear strut mounts. The struts themselves are fine.
Passenger sway link, tho I'll probably replace this soon enough.
A/C Compressor and pressure line. Everything else in the system is intact.
Trunk lid needs to be repainted, due to paint adhesion problems (big surprise there <_< )
Transmission leaks in hot weather, as well as it was beginning to slip. Stopped once winter set in.

I want:
$1300 for her with the Alpine, or $1100 without the Alpine.

This is an extremely short list, since I'm headed out right now. I'm sure I'll be updating it later on tonight when I get home, so post or PM or e-mail me any questions you may have about her. If you want my phone number, I'll PM it to you.

Later.

~Hamal

*edit*

New Items added to list above also. Look for the --->
New starter.
New upper and lower radiator hoses.
New thermostat when head gaskets were done.
Oil pan resealed when rod bearings were installed.
Rear passenger caliper is new.
Rear passenger brake hose is new.
Plugs, wires, and ignition coil are all less than 2 months old.

Mileage is now 146,600 after the trip to RI.

I'm also including a GM Strut Tower Brace. It's up to you if you choose to install it or not.

And to clarify:
With/ without the Alpine only applies to the headunit. If it's sold without the Alpine headunit, I'll put the factory headunit back in. I'm leaving the Alpine speakers in regardless after the sale. Lucky you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
A sad day indeed. The Police Package Bulls will be a member short now!

B

·
0 Posts
That pic doesn't do the dome light any justice at all! This car's in really good condition, and the lighting looks great. If only I didn't have so many other projects going on... <_<

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Jan 18 2004, 08:19 AM
That pic doesn't do the dome light any justice at all! This car's in really good condition, and the lighting looks great. If only I didn't have so many other projects going on... <_<
This car is screaming Bob. I could easily see you in this car Bob. A little T-Bird SC tuning under the hood and you got one fly ride.

Somebody get this car and supercharge it.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Any exterior pics? I'd prefer if you could post some here because my computer is screwed up and I can't view any pictures in Super Ford or CarDomain. They both open the pics in a new window, and when I open a new window the computer just acts like nothing is there. It pops up a blank screen. ANYWAY...long story short, can you post some here?

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Jan 18 2004, 10:26 PM
Any exterior pics? I'd prefer if you could post some here because my computer is screwed up and I can't view any pictures in Super Ford or CarDomain. They both open the pics in a new window, and when I open a new window the computer just acts like nothing is there. It pops up a blank screen. ANYWAY...long story short, can you post some here?
When it stops snowing, I'll take some, since the pics in my superford account don't reflect the current condition, like the paint problem on the trunk, the police wheels, and the crystalline lamps. And so on. Look for some tomorrow.

Oh, and I replaced the rod bearings this weekend. Six new Clevite 77 bearing sets! Woohoo!
Thanks Bob!

·
Registered
369 Posts
I'll do a straight up trade for my sable.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Originally posted by TheGreatZambini@Jan 17 2004, 12:18 AM
A sad day indeed. The Police Package Bulls will be a member short now!
...not necessarily, what kind of life expectancy are we talking about on the tranny? I may be interested.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by MaltaTaurus69+Jan 19 2004, 12:27 PM-->QUOTE (MaltaTaurus69 @ Jan 19 2004, 12:27 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-TheGreatZambini
@Jan 17 2004, 12:18 AM
A sad day indeed.  The Police Package Bulls will be a member short now!
...not necessarily, what kind of life expectancy are we talking about on the tranny? I may be interested. [/b]
The tranny leaks if the temps break 95 degrees, and the 3-2 shift is a little hairy lately (slide-bump is the best way to describe it), but not failing. All gears engage fine. If you're gentle on it, it'd last you through the summer and fall, and possibly the winter.

Worst case scenario, you'd need to replace the tranny front seal at some point, which'd run you around $450 at a shop, or $20 plus your time if you did it yourself. The slide-bump issue I believe is a worn accumulator spring.

*edit*
Edited the original post again. See for new information.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
hey hamal would you be willing to hold off selling it for a few weeks...i need a car asap and willing to pay cash for yours but i have to wait for my tax return....my sho just tossed it's diff pin though the case so i'm without a decent car...let me know

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Jan 18 2004, 09:19 AM
I agree. I got a chance to check out Hamals car this past weekend and I was impressed. Its in great shape for a 92, and with all the work hes done to it recently im sure it drives nice.

Anyone who purchases this puppy has a nice 92 on their hands.

Plus, you CAN supercharge it!!!

-Damon

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, new pictures as promised. Sorry the car is dirty in them. You can thank road salt for that.

Side profile.

Front profile.

Rear. You can see the paint issue on the trunk I was talking about here. <_<

Rear again.

It's the badge.

----------------------------------------------------------------
*edit*
The original sized images are in my SFO account, here...

Orignal sized pics here.

D

·
0 Posts
Hey now, You can't sell it without at least showing a pic of the steering wheel parts I sold you about a hundred years ago. at least I think it was you...

If you lose your memory, relax. Tomorrow you won't remember it happened.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by Doc@Jan 25 2004, 05:21 AM
Hey now, You can't sell it without at least showing a pic of the steering wheel parts I sold you about a hundred years ago. at least I think it was you...

If you lose your memory, relax. Tomorrow you won't remember it happened.
lol

That pad went on the 1989 GL I used to have, along with the SHO cluster you sold me!

I think that was the only 1989 GL running around with a SHO cluster.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts