Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a fuel pump relay for a 1992 ford taurus sho. mine has died and no one near me has one, and i cannot seem to find one online at all. if someone knows where i can get one for preferably under 50$ that would be awesome. I had the engine ran on the computer code thing and it said i had a fuel pump relay open circuit. if anybody knows of a different way to fix this without replacing the fuel pump relay that would be even better :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Fuel pump relay switch

Hi,

My 1991 Taurus fuel pump relay switch went out. Did you find one for your 1992? Our local Ford dealer said they can't get one. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I am looking for a fuel pump relay for a 1992 ford taurus sho. mine has died and no one near me has one, and i cannot seem to find one online at all. if someone knows where i can get one for preferably under 50$ that would be awesome. I had the engine ran on the computer code thing and it said i had a fuel pump relay open circuit. if anybody knows of a different way to fix this without replacing the fuel pump relay that would be even better :)
Post a pic and the amperage, I'm sure there's a compatible relay somewhere even if it's not the Ford part. Worst-case scenario you simply rewire it and locate whatever (correct amp of course) relay you like wherever you like it to be.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
That's an electronic control module, not a relay. it's apparently widely available and was used on many years of Taurus, should be an easy junkyard find. I don't think they fail very often though, you should probably do some more troubleshooting before spending money on parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that computer control is what everyone around here is saying is the fuel pump relay. thats y i put that first question on here cause i wanted to be sure b4 i bought anything. cause ive so far bought new plugs wires, coil, fuel filter, and new fuel pump and so far everyone has been wrong about my car and im tired of spending money on things thats not going to fix my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts