Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searchin high and low but does anyone know how to jump out the fuel pump from the engine compartment? I am not getting anything from the fuel pump and I want to make sure it's not the lovely black box on top of the radiator. Thanks! Nothing worse than a dead SHO!:angry:

·
Registered
14 Posts
try running a long wire back to the inertia safety switch, unplug the plug that goes into it. i think its the center female pin. hook one end to the center pin and they other to positive side of battery. you should here your pump kick on. if you don't then you probably got a bad pump. or a bad ground or a break in the ground wire. also you can check pin five on that black box (CCRM) for voltage. when you turn the key to the on position (not crank) you should get 12 volts for about 2 secounds while the pump primes. then it will shut off. hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
8,623 Posts
Find EEC TEST connector under hood. Hold it so row of 2 terminals is on top and row of 4 on the bottom. Turn key to RUN. Run a jumper from bottom right terminal on row of 4 to ground. Pump should run as long as jumper is connected, and you should hear the FP relay in the IRCM/CCRM click on/off as jumper is connected / disconnected.

·
Registered
14 Posts
so if this works do you have a bad ground or bad ECM?
Find EEC TEST connector under hood. Hold it so row of 2 terminals is on top and row of 4 on the bottom. Turn key to RUN. Run a jumper from bottom right terminal on row of 4 to ground. Pump should run as long as jumper is connected, and you should hear the FP relay in the IRCM/CCRM click on/off as jumper is connected / disconnected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts