Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winner? Taurus and CRX! My buddy has a 1988 CRX DX 5-speed and he came down to MS to visit me. Well he got lost about 50 miles north of my little town so I went to meet him with my Taurus. I met up with him, and we started back and as soon as we got on the 4-lane, this kid in a lowered 1998 Civic EX comes flying past us and then slows down, weaves around a little and then points directly ahead (signifiying he wanted to race). I hammered down on the Taurus and my buddy did with the CRX and we both wasted the EX. The Taurus by a long shot and the CRX by at least 1/2 a car length. The EX could NOT pass us back. We wern't blocking him, he had a whole lane to himself but just didnt have the power.

As far as the CRX v.s. the Taurus, he has me from about 0-40 mph (obivoiusly because the AXOD shifts like crap compared to a manual trans) but from then on, the 3.0 Taurus is long gone. The CRX has about 140K miles and the Taurus just rolled over 231K.

·
Registered
486 Posts
HAHA!!!!!!! Stupid civics. :rice:

Nice kill on both the Crx and civic. B)

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
i would hope you would beat a civic EX ... it has a whopping 125 hp and like 115 lb tq ....

good kill none the less...

i used to have a LS hybrid civic with a ton of mods ... it was fun to drive and very quick .. but the ricers driving around these days ruin it for the people who actually take the time to make their car look nice and go fast

1 - 4 of 4 Posts