Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Fellas

I missed you guys while the forum was being updated. I finally got fed up with my 1999 Nissan Frontier - nobody knows what is wrong with it - not even the dealer.

So, after hitting "Buy it Now" on ebay, and driving 12 hours (one way) to go get it, I would like to introduce you to the newest member of the family. My 1978 Ford F250:

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
:blink: :liplick: :notworthy:

Very, very nice.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Bad-ass!
My grandfather had an F100 that was that style.
I've always liked that style of those trucks a lot!

Nice pickup!

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Kick ass truck, nice find! :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Now that is a real truck!

Geez I'd love to have something like that, especially one that isn't rusty!

What does it have for an engine?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
remids me of my dads 72 his is basically the same only stick shift and it red i would like to inherit that truck some day it is pretty nice not much rust..

good find on that they are becoming harder to find especially in that good of shape!! i love old ford trucks, well i guess i like them all i would have to say my least favorite was the 87 to 91 (from 70 and newer)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Very nice truck. My great-grandpa (now dead) had a 1972 F250 Explorer Ranger. Very nice trucks. I am lucky to have a 1992 F250, Bessie. They just don't make trucks like they used too. :glare:

Very good find there. The condition is great. Congrats on that purchase. :thumb:

You can never go wrong with a Ford truck!!!!

Oh and since you have one, join the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site. (Sorry if it is spamming). It is a great reference if you ever need any help. I use the same user name on there as I do here.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
That is one good looking truck, I have a weakness for cars and trucks 60's-70's vintage. I miss the '77 Mercury I had, that car saved my life :banana:

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm thinking dark metallic blue and tan. That way I am not taking everything apart on the inside of the truck when it gets new paint..... and it IS getting new paint.

I emailed my graphic designer friend to work up some images of what the truck will look like.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
What engine is in it? Awesome find! My buddy has a 1976 F-250 with a 360 F.E.

·
Registered
378 Posts
very nice truck, I love the looks my uncle use to have one just like that but it was either orange or red I cant quite remember. I would get it painted the original color thats on it now...if that is the original color that is

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Even though she'll have usual problems through age. It should be much easier (then a Nissan Frontier) to work on :)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I was gonna say Red would look sharp with that tan interior but since you don't want to take it apart leave it blue then

very nice truck you got there

1 - 20 of 85 Posts