Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a set of 18" rims that I reallly like. Question is will they rub, and will I feel a major decrease in ride and handling? (i like to drive fast) Right now my rear shocks are bad, So I', assuming I'll have to get them replaced before I install them. Will I be able to use the Eibach springs if I get these?

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Depends on what size? 18x7, 18x7.5, and some 18x8's will fit, but it all depends on the offset.

It depends on what tire size you choose as well.

Yes, you will loose some ride quality, but gain looks.

Unless you pay high dollar for some lightweight units, they will most likely be heavy wheels and will slow your car down.

Many of the SHO guys argue that 17's handle better than 18's.

I personally would go with 17's.

Jeramie

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
5 Lug
18x7.5
5-114.3mm & 5-108mm
Off-Set +40mm
Finish Gun Metal w/Polished Lip
Wheel Weight 21.7 lbs

Tires that would fit I think would be
225/45 18 or 225/40 18

...I found the set for $400 new

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I pm'd you back!

Should fit just fine! I'd recommend a 225/45/18, a 225 width tire will match the 7.5" width nicely.

·
Registered
186 Posts
How 'bout a pic of those rims?

The ride will be a little stiffer, with the shorter sidewalls (lower profile) but handling will increase with less flex and wiggle. And more of the tread will stay on the ground.

Any increase in weight (tires are unsprung weight) means a little slower response and lighter *is* better. But how much autocrossing will you be doing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.