Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a set of 17" wheels for my 2013 Limited for winter tires.
1. Will stock 17"s fit?
2. What will need to be done with the TPMS stuff?

I'll most likely source these from a Flex or Taurus in a nearby junkyard.

Thanks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
You're good to go. Same bolt pattern and offset, if from a stock unit. The TPMSs may auto-relearn, but if they don't, there is a tool you can buy. Put it in TPMS relearn (a pain, IMO), then use the tool at each wheel above the valve stem until the horn sounds. When you're done, it sounds twice, and the instrument cluster tells you it was successful. There's some good YouTube videos out there for this. If you have a good relationship with your dealership, they might do it for you gratis...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you!

You're good to go. Same bolt pattern and offset, if from a stock unit. The TPMSs may auto-relearn, but if they don't, there is a tool you can buy. Put it in TPMS relearn (a pain, IMO), then use the tool at each wheel above the valve stem until the horn sounds. When you're done, it sounds twice, and the instrument cluster tells you it was successful. There's some good YouTube videos out there for this. If you have a good relationship with your dealership, they might do it for you gratis...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when you swap for winter wheels and have different TPMS the system auto relearns the sensors?
Well, I'm having an issue with that. Seeing as these are the same style factory sensors, it should have relearned them. It drove home just fine. Gave me a TPMS warning the next 2 days. Went off and back on and does so daily. I have no idea what it's doing. I'll have the garage check it out when I get inspected later this month.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts