Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unfortunately the tires I have for winter are 215/70R-15 which means I'll have no choice but to use steel wheels as they won't fit my alloy 16's. That being said I am not going to deal with looking at those for another 6 months, so I'm in the market for wheel covers. Did they ever make wheel covers specifically for Tauruses and Sables that were 15 inches, in earlier generations? I recall my parents' 1993 Taurus GL having 15 inch tires with Ford wheel covers but I could be wrong. What are my options?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I know where to find hubcaps but I'm looking for ones that are specifically meant to be on Tauruses and I'm asking whether or not any were ever made.

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
Any 1986-1999 Taurus Hub cap will work. Those were all 15''. 2000-2007 were 16''

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
There actually were 15" wheels on 86-93 as well. ;) Bottom line, there are several different styles you will find. Start with your local JY, I suppose?

·
Administrator
14,947 Posts
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
<ACRONYM title="If I Remember Correctly">IIRC</ACRONYM> not steel wheels, so no hubcaps. But that's from memory

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK thanks, that's what I wanted to confirm before I took a trip to the JY! (which is a drive)

·
Registered
140 Posts
There actually were 15" wheels on 86-93 as well. ;) Bottom line, there are several different styles you will find. Start with your local JY, I suppose?
This is fact. I have a set of Mercury Sable 15" Hubcaps from a '87 donor car and have run them on my Marquis.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Lower trim level Gen 1-2 cars offered black steel wheels in either 14" or 15" sizes. Thus, there were at least two or three different Ford or Mercury wheel cover designs for buyers to choose each model year.

·
Administrator
14,947 Posts
Thanks Brian. All part of my continuing education. My Gen 1 and 2's were 14's, except SHO of course. Aesthetics and the interior of the transaxle are the black holes of my Taurus knowledge.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts