Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Affectionately named "the brown turd" by my friends. Here's what $120 can get you where I live. It runs poorly and drives poorly. 383,000kms. Original sludge filled 3.0 and slipping AXOD.
I'll try to post more photos soon. I have a bunch.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Put the 15's on.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Turds are almost always brown. Why would you name it the "brown" turd. The turd would've done just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,912 Posts
Great deal for $120! What are your plans? Get a JY powertrain in better condition than what is currently in there and drop it in?

·
Registered
9,746 Posts
Great deal for $120! What are your plans? Get a JY powertrain in better condition than what is currently in there and drop it in?
Yea but: it is an "L". It will always be and "L".
I am old enough to remember what that is/was/:D
I had '88 LX and '87 LS and I remember what that was like.:wub:
-chart-

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drive it till it dies and then scrap it. It's not worth putting a new powertrain in.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New ghetto hubcaps for the ghetto car. Also got a new radio.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Car blew up in May 2016, scrapped it in June 2016, bought a Honda and haven't looked back. Bought a few Chevy's too including a cavalier, I remember getting banned for talking about cavaliers LOL

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
June 2016 out with the old (in the back) and in with the new (and very much abused)

Sent from my A1R using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You 'remember' things in a very inventive way Steven. :rolleyes2:
Perhaps certain details are amiss but I do remember the topic at hand which caused disagreements was centered around 80's FWD GM vehicles

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here it is. Cost even less than my $120 Taurus and so far it's been a lot more dependable.

·
Administrator
14,994 Posts
Perhaps certain details are amiss but I do remember the topic at hand which caused disagreements was centered around 80's FWD GM vehicles
Any time you'd like a refresher on those details send me a PM and I'll gladly provide them ;). Moving on, welcome back and please say hello to your Dad for me.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Any time you'd like a refresher on those details send me a PM and I'll gladly provide them ;). Moving on, welcome back and please say hello to your Dad for me.
My dad still has his Taurus. I ended up finding 98-99 gas burner wheels for my 98 SE, drove it around July-august 2016, got my first ticket for speeding, then sold the car for $1400 even with 80k mi on it. Sadly American FWD sedans don't have any value up here because I sold a 91 civic with 200,000miles for $2100.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts