Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has been passed around from shop to shop. FINALLY the cel came on and displayed a 1405 code. The car is a 2001 3.0 DOHC
It feels like the trans is bad, but I brought the car to a reputable trans shop and they told me the trans is in perfect working order. Feels like the trans is slipping, the car can't get out of it's own way.

I did some research and found that 90% of the time, a 1405 code is a bad DPFE. The exhaust still sounds ok, so I don't think it's a cat.

Any ideas guys?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
P1405 - DPF EGR Sensor Upstream Hose Off or Plugged

While driving, the EGR monitor commands the EGR valve closed and checks the differential pressure across the EGR orifice. The test fails when the signal from the DPF EGR sensor indicates EGR flow is in the negative direction. Upstream hose is disconnected

Upstream hose is plugged (ice)
Plugged or damaged EGR tube

Look for signs of water or icing in hose
Verify hose connection and routing (no excessive dips)
Verify DPF EGR sensor proper mounting and function (view DPF EGR PID while applying and releasing vacuum directly to sensor with a hand pump)

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ May 14 2009, 10:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=725067
P1405 - DPF EGR Sensor Upstream Hose Off or Plugged

While driving, the EGR monitor commands the EGR valve closed and checks the differential pressure across the EGR orifice. The test fails when the signal from the DPF EGR sensor indicates EGR flow is in the negative direction. Upstream hose is disconnected

Upstream hose is plugged (ice)
Plugged or damaged EGR tube

Look for signs of water or icing in hose
Verify hose connection and routing (no excessive dips)
Verify DPF EGR sensor proper mounting and function (view DPF EGR PID while applying and releasing vacuum directly to sensor with a hand pump)[/b]

OK, found NOTHING wrong with the DPFE. But, I replaced it anyway. Still same issues.
I can hear the back cat rattle. it's full of all kinds of crap. My question is, is it that cat, or is it one of the 2 cats up front, and all the crap inside just flowed back into the final cat?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts