Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to owning a taurus, and there doesn't seem to be alot of definitive info on engine mods for the SEL. Most of the discussions i see are SHO centered, and most of the advice i can find is to swap to a cold air intake, or buy a SHO, which isnt an option at this point.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not much mod stuff going on with the naturally aspirated 3.5L bulls. What are you considering? Like you said, cold air intake. In my case, I put in a K&N panel filter in the stock air box and noticed no difference. Except, my mass air flow sensor recently failed me and I wonder if that lovely K&N air filter pink oil was the reason.. I might go back to stock filter.. I try and stay up on PMs, tune ups, fluid changes, etc, and if you do that and keep her stock, your 3.5L will whip 288 horses for you. My ‘13 is running quite nicely at 100k. The 6F50 trans appreciates drain-and-fills with fresh Mercon LV, earlier than the 150k Ford recommenced maintenance interval (there are threads on that - I recommend staying with Motorcraft Mercon LV and a new drain plug). It’ll take about 5 quarts. On level ground, with engine running, at operating temp, use the trans dip stick below the air box to make sure it’s nicely between the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not much mod stuff going on with the naturally aspirated 3.5L bulls. What are you considering? Like you said, cold air intake. In my case, I put in a K&N panel filter in the stock air box and noticed no difference. Except, my mass air flow sensor recently failed me and I wonder if that lovely K&N air filter pink oil was the reason.. I might go back to stock filter.. I try and stay up on PMs, tune ups, fluid changes, etc, and if you do that and keep her stock, your 3.5L will whip 288 horses for you. My ‘13 is running quite nicely at 100k. The 6F50 trans appreciates drain-and-fills with fresh Mercon LV, earlier than the 150k Ford recommenced maintenance interval (there are threads on that - I recommend staying with Motorcraft Mercon LV and a new drain plug). It’ll take about 5 quarts. On level ground, with engine running, at operating temp, use the trans dip stick below the air box to make sure it’s nicely between the lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've been looking at the k&n cold air, brake upgrades, and exhaust work. I'm just stuck on the power my dad's car has; hes got a 17 infiniti q50 3.0 turbo, and it feels amazing off the line. where his car can hit 60 in what feels like 5 seconds, mine would probably take 8-10 seconds. i love everything else about the car, just wish the engine was more modifiable like the Chevy LS is

edit: i know ill never have that kind of power without a turbo, im just frustrated that i cant do more without an engine/chasis swap

·
Super Moderator
8,051 Posts
The stock intake is CAI from the factory, as is the intake system on virtually every car made in the last 20+ years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts