Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With prices dropping and availability increasing, would selling a paid for, '13 SEL in pretty good shape, with around 43k miles be a good idea and buying a used SHO of the same year? I suppose it would depend on how much I actually got for my SEL. I had no idea that when I got an SEL that there would be near zero after market for it. I like my car I just could kick myself in the ass for not getting a SHO at the time. Especially since I could have afforded it. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just acquired my '10 SEL with 30K miles to replace my '02 SE (but am keeping both.) I like the new (to me) SEL and I find the performance very satisfactory to the point were yes, an SHO would be nice but I am finding the SEL suites my needs just fine.

If you like the car, then forget the supposed "zero" aftermarket. If you are concerned about aftermarket, will stepping out of the SEL to SHO make you feel better about it? I like my car and intent to keep it for quite a while and am not concerned about resale aftermarket because Ilike the vehicle.

DYODD, but if you like the model you own then why not just keep it maintained and enjoy it.

JMHO.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I agree. If you like your SEL, stay in it. Financially, you would take a beating to step into a car that’s essentially the same just twin turbo and AWD. It’s all in what you want though. Life is too short to be partially happy. If you have the means and no nag to stop you, go for it. If you’re frugal with your money, like me, then I’d stay in the SEL. I absolutely love my SEL. You could also consider the option of “tricking out” your current SEL with some 20” SHO wheels, paint your calipers and brackets, black out your grille, etc and have a hell of a sexy SEL boarding on the look of a SHO. That’s what I did. My 3.5’s nearly 300 horses is enough performance for me and it’s basically a SHO/limited looking bull with all the accessorizing. Food for thought... if it’s the twin turbo and whip lash you seek, then there’s only one way to do that...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Smitty79
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing