Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 11 Taurus, I have the issues:
  • The interior back-up noise no longer works. Message on the dash says, “check park aid”. I’ve checked the back-up sensors for humming to ensure their working properly according to some youtube videos.
  • The back-up camera display works intermittently, very rarely does it work but it’s not completely infunctuonal.
I’m looking for a wiring diagram, their is not one available for this application in the Haynes repair manual.
Any help fixing these issues?

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you know how to use OBD-II : FORScan, look for a diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) in the park aid module. It can help you pinpoint the issue - a sensor or the wiring circuit.. if it’s not just a sensor, then you may want to look for any damage in the wires (driver side, pull the carpet back in the trunk and you’ll find the harness/pigtail and wires that run back to the park aid sensors. I had to splice/crimp in some repairs in mine and got it working again. Pics attached of location (mine is 2013, but I think I’d be the same for 2011)..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
The camera will need replaced. It’s not hard. Pull carpet from deck lid and change out camera from behind the emblem housing. They get intermittent before they die.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought one off eBay that was used that came with the chrome strip on the trunk lid. About $80 dollars and works great, since my initial camera was all clouded up. A new one will run about $300 or so. No newer cars like this at my pick a part but you can try car-part.com as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The camera on my 2011 Limited is work only 90% of the time. I got a small round generic camera off Amazon and 3D printed a square adapter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have the navigation option, you can press and hold the both the 3 and the 6 buttons for the stereo at the same time. This will get you into system diagnostics mode. Cancel out out of the active test by pressing the button on the screen in the lower right corner. Then select the view DTC. This allows you to view the DTC without a code scanner. This screen will also allow you to perform many system tests.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dang so this camera works as a replacement? What was the model you bought on Amazon? May be worth looking into myself as well even though it is working to get a better picture quality.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts