Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to buy a newer car, but fell for this 2003 Taurus SE. It drove, sounded, and just gave me a better feeling then all the other newer cars I tested. Everything visible looked good. Belts, exhaust, everything I could touch, wiggle, or see. I left the dealer looked around at hyundai's and such, but for over 50 years I've always owned Fords.

So I went back and drove it again. God, I just loved it. And for the love of god NO TIMING BELT a CHAIN,(why rubber) Even with a 100K miles, and even from a dealer (god help me, but I live in a very rural area, with almost no private car sales) For what its worth I was able to get a free carfacts report...at least you know how many owners.
What's a guy to do? I fell for the car, So I bought it!

The dealer does all the obvious, cleans everything, changes the oil, filter, probably the coolant, fills everything. But, it's all cosmetic, and I seriously doubt they did any of the more specialized, and totally needed, down and dirty maintenance. I am going to change / flush all fluids, trans-axle, fuel filter. The coolant looks good, do it anyhow?
So the question
What else? What would you'all recommend?

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
I've always changed the serpintine belt, changed trans fluid and filter, and checked all other filters, plus if it hasn't been done for a few years, drain, clean, and replace cooling system. Might also consider changing and putting in fresh brake fluid.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Plugs, wires, fuel filter, air filter, oil & filter, coolant flush and fill, transmission oil change (NOT POWER FLUSHED!) and filter, serpentine belt if it looks worn. You should be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts