Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey TCCA,

I got a 10 Taurus, and the plastic peeling chrome is annoying! SO out came the newspapers, painters tape and the rattle cans of plasti dip. i papered shut the inside of the taillight, and papered around the outside. I painted it all while mounted to the car. (I get alot of junk mail).

With that, a nice hot and sunny day, and 3 coats, here are the results. 2 years and holding up quite well. I like it. Better than the newer lenses in fact.

Cheers,

Mark.

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
I had a 2010 SHO and the peeling around the tail lights drove me crazy. I have de-badged my 2013 SHO. Carbon fiber wrap over the Ford badge. Your lights look a lot better now they have been plasti-dipped. I would have left the FORD badge black......that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a 2010 SHO and the peeling around the tail lights drove me crazy. I have de-badged my 2013 SHO. Carbon fiber wrap over the Ford badge. Your lights look a lot better now they have been plasti-dipped. I would have left the FORD badge black......that's just my opinion.
Debadgged these cares are so handsome! yeah the Harley Davidson decal i regret over the matte black. I will re-plasti dip it this summer. The reason i did so was clear coat peeling on the drivers door.

I have a post that explains it.

Cheers!

Mark.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Shomkr
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing