Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, my 2010 Taurus headlamps are acting up more than often.
LH Headlamp: There's not much difference between the high beam and the low beam light thrown out (low beams seem way too bright). Also, the cutoff is very bad, oblique on the left and there is a huge dark spot in the center of the lamp. Anyone tried opening up a headlamp to change the condenser lens or solenoid activated shutter on these?

RH Headlamp: Light seems way too low, but the cutoff is decent. Any recommended super-bright bulbs other than stock halogens?

Also, any suggestions on where I can find a used set of headlamps?

Looking forward to suggestions!
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
My stock halogen lights were absolutely garbage, it almost was as if I were driving with no lights on. I purchased the Lasfit LED s and they are amazing! Just as good as my oem HIDs in my Honda Odyssey! I highly recommend, however when I first installed them they looked horrible. I had to orient the LED chips so that they were in a 3 to 9 O'Clock position within my headlights.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The projector shouldn't ever be an issue unless the headlamp assembly sat with the bulb removed leaving an entry point for the elements to enter into the projector housing.

I've done quite a lot to my headlights, including the projectors. I'd first try new bulbs if I was in your situation. They make LED and HID bulbs that are designed to be put in the stock halogen housing as they match the beam pattern of the halogen bulbs. Do not put full on LEDs or HIDs in the housing. The cutoff is nowhere near where it needs to be for those and you WILL get pulled over.

If it does come down to the headlamps themselves, you can try upgrading the projectors or snag a set of used lamps that could be in better shape. Try car-part.com for finding used parts. Saved me unbelievable amounts of money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey therealist - lasfit has several different series of led headlights - which series did you get and did you have to use the decoder for any dash light issues .... thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts