Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you install a changer? I have never done it. Is it harder than a regular cd player or what? Do you still need a wiring harness?
I wanna get a changer, because I won't need a face plate and I can have the 10 discs in...Anyone wanna help me out here?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And can you hook up stuff like amps and subs to it?

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you radio has the controls built in (button that says Disk 1 - 6) then all you need to buy is the adapter cable and a matching 10 disk changer. The radio's "brains" is all contained in the RCU (rear control unit). It is under the carpet, by the wheel well on the drivers side in the trunk. All you need to do to hook up the changer is to plug in the cable into the RCU, place the changer where you want it, and plug the other end of the cable into the changer. It's really that simple. The changer will get its power from the RCU, so you don't even have to worry about running a power cable to it. You head unit will control all features of the changer.

I have not had any experience with subs and replacement speakers on the Taurus. Others here can probably give more advice on changes there.

Do a search on the internet, you will find various people selling adapter cables to add a changer to Taurus's with the factory head unit installed. My adapter with a 10 disk AudioVox changer cost about $150. You can get others that will use different brand changers if you have a brand preference.

Ken

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
CD changers, the stock head unit, all stock component, and modulation for FM frequency, all belong in trash can.

You will use deck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts