Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 10 Disc Changer installed in my trunk that was there when i bought the car and it worked with the factory football head unit. I now have an aftermarket head unit and it doesn't work it anymore (and I don't really need it).

I want to disconnect it and sell it, and have a couple of questions:
#1 - is there wiring that runs from the changer all the way through the car to somewhere up in the dash that I need to remove and sell with the changer? if so, how?

#2 - Anyone have a ball park value of the changer? It's an Audiovox SP-11CDS... theres two on Ebay, one for $50 and one for $99.. both of which look used and kinda rough around the edges, mine looks like it's in mint condition and it works just fine to my knowledge.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have a 10 Disc Changer installed in my trunk that was there when i bought the car and it worked with the factory football head unit. I now have an aftermarket head unit and it doesn't work it anymore (and I don't really need it).

I want to disconnect it and sell it, and have a couple of questions:
#1 - is there wiring that runs from the changer all the way through the car to somewhere up in the dash that I need to remove and sell with the changer? if so, how?

#2 - Anyone have a ball park value of the changer? It's an Audiovox SP-11CDS... theres two on Ebay, one for $50 and one for $99.. both of which look used and kinda rough around the edges, mine looks like it's in mint condition and it works just fine to my knowledge.

Excellent idea I have been thinking of doing that just to also give me extra room in my console. My ipod has become my new cd changer :p. For the wiring I believe you just have to follow it through to the rcu to the orginal area of the cd changer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts