Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Ford Taurus Vulcan flex engine.

I just wanted to have a look at fuses and make sure I had backups just in case of a problem and I saw fuse listed as F1.04 in the battery junction box in the engine compartment. Listed as a 10 amp for engine cooling fan motor 1. It was the only one I wasn't sure of since it was in bad shape in appearance and I couldn't read it. I tried looking for one and I can't locate one. I found a 10 amp "maxi" fuse that was actually a circuit breaker in the same format but it wasn't in stock.

Does anybody ever had to locate one or know where one can be had? I have 20 thru 60 amp maxi fuses.

Thanks again in advance.

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
Ok, I thought you were talking about the little red 10 amp "mini"? fuse in the middle of the pic. If you can't locate 1, grab 2-3 from a local pick-n-pull jy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I got the last one at Rockauto. It is not a fuse but a circuit breaker with the maxi fuse footprint. The one I have doesn't look like a conventional maxi fuse either. I am guessing it is a circuit breaker also. I just thought that was weird and wasn't sure what others had or what they replaced it with. Going to a jy for stuff like this is always a great idea. I don't believe there are any around me. I think I will do some research to find one just in case in the future. Thanks again

·
Registered
22,585 Posts
Ok, let me know if it doesn't work out, I've got coffee cans full of fuses, relays, etc. in the cellar. I know there're a lot of those metal "maxi"? fuses in them. Just don't know what amperage, lol.

·
Super Moderator
7,834 Posts
No way the engine cooling fan fuse is a 10 Amp. Cooling fans draw WAY more than 10 A even on low speed.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No way the engine cooling fan fuse is a 10 Amp. Cooling fans draw WAY more than 10 A even on low speed.

It has two separate fuses or breakers. Cooling fan 1 is 10 amp and #2 is 20 amps. This is from Ford's wiring diagram. F1.10 is 20 amp for cooling fan motor #2.

Actually there are three fuses for the two motors. F1.05 also says engine cooling fan motor and it is a 40 amp.

I will try to take pic of the page and post it

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Rad Fan only 40 in this year = '03. Every year different.

However I am on Bull #,s 7, 8, 9. All '03's but had all generations.
Never had a fuse blow. If a fuse blows something is bad wrong. Chances replacement of fuse is not going to work.

-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rad Fan only 40 in this year = '03. Every year different.

However I am on Bull #,s 7, 8, 9. All '03's but had all generations.
Never had a fuse blow. If a fuse blows something is bad wrong. Chances replacement of fuse is not going to work.

-chart-
No fuses blowing I am just getting around to doing something I wanted to do 10 years ago. I wanted back up fuses and relays just in case and I couldn't find the 10 amp maxi fuse. I found a 10 amp circuit breaker with the same footprint and it looks as that is what is in place now.

The 05 is definitely different because F1.09 is a 20 amp on mine and not the 40 yours is listed as.

It is puzzling at least to me in any event.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts