Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I need 1 sho v8 fender emblem... Please pm me if you have...

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL... I bought a red 1997 with 32k miles and it happens to be missing one...

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
see?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Your car is beautiful. It's the same year, exterior color, and interior color as my old '97 was, except in much better shape, with leather, much lower miles, much less rust, and a much nicer engine lol. All you need now is a gold stripe down the side!

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
holy **** that car is CLEAN. what'd it set you back??? makes me wish I had more opportunities where I live.

FWIW, mine was debadged and I bought a set of these for it (Ford circa 1930's) off of Amazon. now I just wish I had the exact factory location specs for the originals so I can align them up OEM before I put em' on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
5000 for it, I did a nationwide search for it... also found this one:

Taurus SHO 1998

·
Registered
3,512 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Wow. I went and looked at this exact car a few months ago. It's very clean, but unwelded. At the time he wouldn't budge of $8k. Even in the shape it's in, it's a $5k car at most.

Congrats on your's BTW. That's quite a find. She certainly is gorgeous.
Unwelded with that many miles? Wow, that's something.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just out of my own curiosity, how many miles and how much are you asking? A friend of mine has a sho that needs a motor...

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I just saw your car in person. You stole it at that price. With the welding done to it, you will still be ahead of the game at that price. Congratulations.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You must have paid Eric a visit? Anyways it was a grandma's car who apparently did not have any grand kids... Her grandson who sold it to me told me she had developed dementia... So far I have only gotten to drive 50 miles and since it had virgin cams I was driving it like a grandma lol... I do miss my silver 96, out of all the cars I've driven it was my favorite...

If you remember, I un-totaled my previous sho which I then gave to my good friend Russ who had cancer(2nd time) and needed something to take his mind off of his condition... When I saw it last it had 151k on it, I had just put a new radiator in it aswell as an air pump which started to whistle... Anyways he is now cancer free and has moved to Hawaii to take care of his mother who is getting up in years. He has chosen to paint it a two-tone paint job and so the upper half of the car is now black... However, I'm sorry to say that right now that sho is down for the count with what he thought was seized motor but after talking to Eric about it, he suspects one of the timing chain guides cracked causing the motor to lock up...

(http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/82-maintenance-repair/163776-rebuilding-sho.html)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I was in the area, so I stopped and visited with Eric for awhile. It still amazes me how supple and new looking the rubber seals are (i.e. around the back glass). They obviously rescued the car before dementia set in badly. Seriously, I have never seen such a clean, like new condition SHO (I never got to open doors/look inside).

Bummer about your friend's SHO…hopefully he can rectify that…or you can aid in doing that :)

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm very thankful Eric is still willing to work on my car after all this time... After all, most of the posts about cam welds are from 2004-2005... Yeah, It's amazing to pop the hood and see stickers on all of the OEM hoses... anyways heres a pic of what the silver taurus looks like now...

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
8 Participants
360alaska
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing