Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
well that is reassuring to hear of your success, because i am in the process of looking for a G3, and i'm probably going to have to buy one w/ close to 100K miles on it, then the car is just going to be a mileage *****...

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
My sister drives a 1996 White GL, Vulcan and shes at around 210,000 miles. Im pretty sure she hasnt had a new tranny, but probably some service on it. That thing has been in our family since i was 10, thats eight years.. Still runs actually pretty good. Only things wrong are scratches, side markers busted out, radiator slots totally mashed from rocks and things, and headlights and windows are permanently dirty. Trust me i've tried cleaning them for hours, just because it makes me sad to see the white bull in such poor visual condition...

=Sean

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
My sister drives a 1996 White GL, Vulcan and shes at around 210,000 miles. Im pretty sure she hasnt had a new tranny, but probably some service on it. That thing has been in our family since i was 10, thats eight years.. Still runs actually pretty good. Only things wrong are scratches, side markers busted out, radiator slots totally mashed from rocks and things, and headlights and windows are permanently dirty. Trust me i've tried cleaning them for hours, just because it makes me sad to see the white bull in such poor visual condition...

=Sean
[/b]
Have you tried claying the windows? It might help...just something to try :dunno:

I hope mine makes it to 250k too :D

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Sh*t, that's better than my year old 05 wth 31k miles is doing. Almost didnt start on me after work the other day, pretty embarrasing when co workers are looking at my car cranking and misfiring like it's out of gas trying to start.

Good luck with it! Let's see 300k!

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
"Sh*t, that's better than my year old 05 wth 31k miles is doing. Almost didnt start on me after work the other day, pretty embarrasing when co workers are looking at my car cranking and misfiring like it's out of gas trying to start."

Something ain't right there it needs help.

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
If I am not mistaken, didn't they give the gauges a face lift in 98? arnt those the 96-97 gauges? :|

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
If I am not mistaken, didn't they give the gauges a face lift in 98? arnt those the 96-97 gauges? :|
[/b]
Yep, you are mistaken. I had those gauges in my old 98' SE (Vulcan).

250k, WOW. How do you drive the car? How rough? How easy? WOT much? often? etc. I'm curious to know as much info on "how you drive it" as you care to type.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My dad had a 91 L and it had 2 transmissions done under warranty, the last at 45k when the front end went at 320,000 the new owner decided to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just Hit 221,000 on my 98 Wagon

My 98 wagon as of last night has 221K and still runs great, all original engine and trans.

My brother had one 97 that had over 305K when he sold it, the girl totalled it 8 months later but still running smooth. he changed the trans around 165K.

His current 03 has 270K and runs smooth as day 1. Just regular maintenance. :D

·
TCCA Facebook Admin
3,981 Posts
Holy thread bump Batman!

A whopping 7 1/2 years! Should we have a thread for thread bump records?

·
Registered
834 Posts
quick question... how is it that some people need a new transmission at 80K miles and others make it 220K with the original? What determines how long it's going to last?

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
quick question... how is it that some people need a new transmission at 80K miles and others make it 220K with the original? What determines how long it's going to last?
Whether you beat the piss out of your car or not

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

21 - 40 of 41 Posts