Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site and just bought my first Taurus, I have a 08 Taurus SEL (Black) and I want to change my rims. Can anyone tell me what wheels will interchange or what size I will need to buy to replace my 17" factory size / back spacing ....I wouldnt mind going bigger but car came with a brand new set of tires so I had to buy rims and tires. Any pics or info would be great!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an 08 Taurus with 245/35ZR/20 wheels. I want to go bigger because of the fender gap but I don't like the look of 22's on my car. Im thinking of maybe going up in tire size to 245/40/20 to make up the difference or going with a 21" wheel which are very hard to find in our lug pattern.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those rims look nice and I to have thought of going to a bigger rim but I have been told you loose the smooth ride going to that size rim....but that is the look I am going for...very nice car

·
Registered
4 Posts
You definitely sacrifice some of the smooth ride when going to a bigger rim......thats for sure. Thats one of the main reasons I don't want 22's. The tires are like 245/30/22 which are nothing more than rubberbands going around the wheel. They offer no cushion for your wheels or comfort for your ride. Im looking into maybe lowering the car an inch to close that tire/fender gap but lowering springs seem impossible to find.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You definitely sacrifice some of the smooth ride when going to a bigger rim......thats for sure. Thats one of the main reasons I don't want 22's. The tires are like 245/30/22 which are nothing more than rubberbands going around the wheel. They offer no cushion for your wheels or comfort for your ride. Im looking into maybe lowering the car an inch to close that tire/fender gap but lowering springs seem impossible to find.
Cut em?
Back in highschool the cheap way out was to cut the spring you already had and if you didn't like it buy replacements.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
sexy bro, i wouldve dropped it on 20's rather than going bigger though, you must have no acceleration now.. i know my 20's killed acceleration of my vulcan (not that it had much to begin with)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't feel any lack of acceleration due to the 22"s. She moves just fine....actually a lil better IMHO. The taurus is a big car and the stock 18"s just looked weird. The 20"s were a lil better but the 22"s make a world of difference. They look proportional to the car now.....and the big, wide tires give a noticeable handling boost.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts