Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a reverse camera for my Taurus. It is a license plate camera that sends a wireless signal to the monitor on the dash. The camera works great (nice picture even in low light and has a metal frame) but the wiring for the monitor is giving me fits. The instructions were a joke. There is a 12V cigarette adapter that works fine except the camera is on 24/ 7 unless you turn it off. then you have to turn it back on every time you reverse. This car is for my son (new driver) and I want it to be automatic.

I found the wiring under the dash to be extremely cramped so I just ran a pair of wires to the reverse light for power and ground. This part was surprisingly easy. But now the monitor does not come on when in reverse. All of the wiring in the tail light assembly are black. WHAT? I'm not sure what to do next

I was hoping to not have to run a reverse power wire to the engine compartment. Do I have any choices? Anyone have another suggestion? 20191231_161210.jpg 20191231_161227.jpg 20191231_161233.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts