Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, another year for the Summit Racing All Ford Show at the Tallmadge Ohio super store. This has got to be the hardest show I ever picked to get a trophy at. Considering that there were close to 150 top knotch cars at this show and were all tossed into one big class, it doesnt get harder than that. At the end of the day, my winning streak for this year has been stopped. I didnt pull a top 30 trophy :( but I was told by the judges that I was "just outside" of the top 30. I did ask to see my score card, but these judges wont show you or tell you an actual score. While talking with the judge, he recomended I detail the engine bay better :eek: and my big downfall, my touch up paint under the hood was just 1 shade off and in the bright sun was very visable. :rolleyes2: Because of that, I LOST POINTS in the engine bay scores. So, my quest today was to talk to the Ford dealer and find out exactly what shade was used on my wagon under the hood. The official answer from Ford is the engine bay door jams and other "unseen" areas are just painted with the base color coat and no clear coat. So after a stop at the Sherwin Williams Auto paint center, I have 2oz of liquid gold (2oz custom mix = $19.95 + tax) to use this week and be ready for Sundays show.

OK, I did take the camera this week, here are the pictures.....
Summit All Ford 2011

For the first time, I didnt have the ONLY taurus at the show

A beautyfull hot rod Lincoln

Some old skool hot rods, what started it all......

Now for some gold old American Muscle hot rods.......

And last but not least, another red wagon at the show.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good stuff, dude. Now my neck has a crick in it :p

LMAO...next time just put a stack of magazines under one side of your monitor.. :p Sorry about that, but I was using my wife little point & shoot. I didnt want to drag my big camera along this week. Thant and as close as the cars were parked that was the only way to get the whole car in most of the pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts