Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2006 Taurus SEL, i was wane t make it a tuner. i posted in this form because there is more the on thing covered in turning a car in a tuner that's listed in each group. do they make stuff like shift kits for the trany, turbo kits, power programs??? stuff along those lines

Alice

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
See Northeast SHO but there is not a whole lot that can be done but improve the shifting tune wise. There are plenty of bolt on parts if you wnat to go that route. A tune would help with all that.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
This may sound like a dumb question, but wat makes any car a "tuner" car ? :dunno:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ehh I thought those parts are what "qualify" ricers as their namesakes

So by your logic, any car modified from its stock configuration is considered a ricemobile? No intention to argue with you, just curious.

QUOTE (Tony Two-Tone @ May 25 2010, 04:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806863
QUOTE (DLC360 @ May 25 2010, 03:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806841
This may sound like a dumb question, but wat makes any car a "tuner" car ? :dunno:[/b]
A tuner car is basically a ricer without the superflous wings, neons, body kits, and stickers.
[/b][/quote]

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
QUOTE (VashThestanbeto @ May 25 2010, 05:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806865
Ehh I thought those parts are what "qualify" ricers as their namesakes

So by your logic, any car modified from its stock configuration is considered a ricemobile? No intention to argue with you, just curious.

QUOTE (Tony Two-Tone @ May 25 2010, 04:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806863
QUOTE (DLC360 @ May 25 2010, 03:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806841
This may sound like a dumb question, but wat makes any car a "tuner" car ? :dunno:[/b]
A tuner car is basically a ricer without the superflous wings, neons, body kits, and stickers.
[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

No, a ricer is a tuner that has gone too far IMO which is actually how the term came about-tuners are generally defined as Japanese cars modified for performance, ricers became the negative connotation for Japanese cars modified to excess with little to no impact on actual performance.

·
Registered
179 Posts
check ricer on urban dictionary...

it says, and i agree, that a ricer is a car with NO performance mods, but plenty of visual and such... useless body kit, 100 lbs+ of speakers, muffler tip bigger than the tires... you know the ones...

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (Little Blue V6 @ May 25 2010, 06:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806876

it says, and i agree, that a ricer is a car with NO performance mods, but plenty of visual and such... useless body kit, 100 lbs+ of speakers, muffler tip bigger than the tires... you know the ones...[/b]
Observe...

·
Registered
95 Posts
I see, thanks you all for the clarification, I was a bit confused at the beginning.

The only "mod" I got that can be considered ricer-ish is one small HKS emblems on both fenders. Thou no one believed me, that was, in full honesty, there to cover up a fairly big and nasty paint scratch from someone's door open on the driver's side, one was added on the passenger side for matching perposes.it was avaliable locally in a shop that isn't in the same location anymore and about the right size, so it was used as so. Cheaper then getting the fender repainted under the risk of clor mismatch. I plan on changing them into a pair of Koni emblems after I got the used Koni struts.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is that a Corolla GTS /Trueno Ae86? Only the front bumper still resembles it if that's the case, what a pukeable obamination from its original glory...

QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ May 25 2010, 05:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806877
QUOTE (Little Blue V6 @ May 25 2010, 06:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806876

it says, and i agree, that a ricer is a car with NO performance mods, but plenty of visual and such... useless body kit, 100 lbs+ of speakers, muffler tip bigger than the tires... you know the ones...[/b]
Observe...

[/b][/quote]

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
You could do the Yamaha V8 swap :dunno:

Sometimes you just have to realize that you drive a Taurus, and that it's not going to be the fastest thing on the streets. :lol2:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (VashThestanbeto @ May 25 2010, 06:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806881
Is that a Corolla GTS /Trueno Ae86? Only the front bumper still resembles it if that's the case, what a pukeable obamination from its original glory...[/b]
Yes, that is the pitiful remnant of a Toyota AE86.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well some sho had v8s 96-99 but i dont hasve the noldge for it ill probly go power programer and cold air intake fist

power program grate bag for the buck becase u get more power and u can read yer own codes to know if a repair shop is honest

Alice

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
QUOTE (VashThestanbeto @ May 25 2010, 06:56 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806881
Is that a Corolla GTS /Trueno Ae86? Only the front bumper still resembles it if that's the case, what a pukeable obamination from its original glory...

QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ May 25 2010, 05:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806877

Observe...

[/b][/quote]
[/b][/quote]

Ah the Corolla GTS. They were great little cars for rallying. I had a 1985 Corolla GTS as a rally car and it was a wonderful machine. The powertrain lasted forever.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts