Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got this flip out center cupholder set up, and I'm looking to pull it out, give it a good cleaning, and mount a modified phone holder. Normally it would suction to the window, but I don't like things that obscure my view.

I've looked around and found how to remove the entire center console, but this operation doesn't appear to require that. I can pretty much slide my fingers under it all around, but I can't find any release mechanism. I don't want to risk permanent damage by just taking a prybar to it. Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
Unfortunately, you will have to unbolt the entire flip console (center seat really) if you want more room & flexibility to clean the cup holders. Remove the coin/cassette tape tray to expose four bolts. Once the bolts are removed, the entire center console should lift right out. It doesn't look like you can remove the "flip" portion by itself, and trying to remove the molded cup holders will likely result in damage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
redhousenine
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing