Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 SEL thats packged wierd upgraded rims n such but cloth seats, yeah go fig. any way it has a theft light that flashes in the gages. i know it has a chip in thee key becasse i baught another and got pricy. it also has keles entry with panic. my question is dose it relly have a alarm or is it just a detrnat to make theves walk by??? guss its a stupid question but this is the fist taurus i ever owend with that light. thanks in advancee Alice

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Roll the window down, shut the door, lock it with the remote, open the door with the interior handle. You'll have your answer.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
You have 7 sensors, 1 on the hood, 1 in each door latch, 1 in driver door lock cylinder and 1 in the trunk lock cylinder. If you don't properly open the door (ie use keypad, use remote, use key)...the alarm will go off.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (Gentz @ Jun 26 2009, 02:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735430
Nick i thought they stopped with security in 2001?[/b]
Nah 96-07 that had a keypad on them, had the system. They just removed the alarm sensor on the in the passenger side door lock cylinder when they deleted that lock cylinder :)

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Then my '05- that came with a factory alarm/keypad- doesn't really exist... :noes: wait, where did it go?? I parked it right outside that window!

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
QUOTE (daveromanjr @ Jun 26 2009, 05:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735470
QUOTE (Brian_05_SEL @ Jun 26 2009, 04:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735467
Then my '05- that came with a factory alarm/keypad- doesn't really exist... :noes: wait, where did it go?? I parked it right outside that window![/b]
That feeble attempt of humor warrants TWO fail pics

[/b][/quote]

I'll see your two Bob Barkers, and raise you one Richard Dawson.

[attachment=29910:Fail_Poster_2.jpg]

:glare: Was this humor attempt more to your liking? Don't go starting a flame war, Dave. Think of the children.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts