Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changed the gas filter yesterday, clips that came with the filter didn't fit, had to go to stealership to get the right ones. These two pieces of plastic cost more than the filter, front one was $6.04, back one was $7.74, these cost more than the filter itself. Has anyone else ran into this situation? The design of the clips was changed for 02 - 07, after 07 the filter was deleted and replaced with a redisigned screen in the tank. The clips don't come with the filter at the stealership, you have to buy them seperate. What a rip. Lee

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 07 has a filter in the usual place. I've been using some fat zipties in place of the clips for a couple of years without problems.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Changed the gas filter yesterday, clips that came with the filter didn't fit, had to go to stealership to get the right ones. These two pieces of plastic cost more than the filter, front one was $6.04, back one was $7.74, these cost more than the filter itself. Has anyone else ran into this situation? The design of the clips was changed for 02 - 07, after 07 the filter was deleted and replaced with a redisigned screen in the tank. The clips don't come with the filter at the stealership, you have to buy them seperate. What a rip. Lee
Join the club! Ford must have wanted to irritate Taurus/Freestar owners with those stupid clips! It's best to keep a spare set around, in case they break when replacing the filter, as it's tricky to get them off without breaking the tabs. At least the parts guy at that dealer knew what part to search for, instead of trying to sell you a whole fuel line. I got into two arguments with dealers about those stupid clips nobody seemed to find, but the mechanics know where to find them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi,I have an 06 taurus and have replaced my fuel filter a few times already,it is a little tricky,but those clips on your filter are not really clips,they are push button releases.heres how to do it,rear clip(next to gas tank,this is a two piece clip,gently remove upper clip,this is a safty clip,then push in on bottom button and pull off line to filter,second.push in on clip on front line and pull off line,thats it just push lines back on,no tools or replacing clips needed,unless you break one,hope this helps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.