Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car will crank then die I'll crank it again same thing until i press the accelerator then it will only run if I put one foot on my brake and the other on the accelerator until I can get down the road where it might die and it might not. As long as I'm driving it it wont die only when i come to a stop or am slowing down. I really need some help here!
img_1581064706880.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My car will crank then die I'll crank it again same thing until i press the accelerator then it will only run if I put one foot on my brake and the other on the accelerator until I can get down the road where it might die and it might not. As long as I'm driving it it wont die only when i come to a stop or am slowing down. I really need some help here! View attachment 215779
Also plugs wires coil pack have all been changed.

·
Registered
6,747 Posts
On my 2006 unplugging the IAC valve will set the rpms at 500. Usually if you can run the motor with foot on gas it means IAC ic stuck. Try removing it an clean and lube. There are a lot of codes that I don’t are related to low idle and may be because of plugged cats.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unplugged the IAC valve and cleaned and lubed it. Its staying cranked and will run but running rough still.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Disconnect battery to let computer relearn.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The car is doing the same thing again...could it be the fuel pump? I have no auto mechanic experience so dont laugh if i say something that makes completely no sense. Lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
It could be soooo many things. Bad fuel pump, clogged fuel filter, clogged cats, bad plugs, bad plug wires, dirty airfilter.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is still doing the exact same thing and i even decided to get the more expensive plugs since i bought cheap ones to begin with and no change. Have to keep my foot on the accelerator to keep it cranked then press the brake to put it in gear its still going dead when i slow down or come to a stop. I am just fed up!

·
Registered
27 Posts
So its still misfiring? Is the number one firing? Check the coil. If its firing but still missing then you may have a burnt valve.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im lost when it comes to the firing order on my car...i think i have the wires run right but im not sure and i guess its misfiring it dies immediately after i try to crank it so i have to press the gas to keep it running. What is a burnt valve? Where would it be and how can i fix that?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The engine is a 3.0v6...2006 Ford Taurus SE. We did change the plugs. Someone told me if you unplug the MAF sensor and it still runs somethings wrong with it and we unplugged it and the car was still running. Could changing that help the problem? Thank you for all your help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Unpluging it would cause it to throw a code. Unplug both batt terminals touch them together and wait 10 mins then replace them. The check engine light should go off. Set your tripometer to 000. Within 150 miles the check engine light will come back on. Take it to the auto parts store and get a print out of the codes. The computer my just need to relearn. Doing what i said will give you a fresh set of codes and relearn the computer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok thank you we will try that and see what the new codes say. Thanks so much for the firing order also!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts