Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Majisto@Aug 17 2005, 12:53 PM
You can still get 'Tecs in 05?
Yep... gone in 06

Millermagic - it won't rev very high if you don't do it regularly. Your car has obviously adapted to lower shift points. If you disconnect your batter for 1/2 hour or so, reconnect it and then start driving around flooring it, it will rev higher. B)

·
Premium Member
7,300 Posts
That is if you can find any 05 bulls left (let alone a tec bull).
Was at the dealer today for a tranny flush and they had 3 tauri left, only one tec that was on hold for a customer. Not many new 05 Tauri left in the Detroit area. :)

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by J Rod@Aug 16 2005, 09:35 AM
Ungo Posted on Today at 1:04 am
  Must of been just a ****** Taurus. I test drove a 05' Duratec and it was nice. It was actually a little faster then my 96' LX Duratec with Dual exahust (though this could be because it's just newer). 
I firmly believe that 96 and 97 duratecs are at a disadvantage. I have yet to see any 96 or 97 run faster than low 16s without the aid of a major power (i.e. nitrous)

And a 98 or 99 can run mid 15s with minor modifications. All duratecs with a good amount of power are newr than 97.
Same here. I don't know if it's a weight issue, or a slight change in engine design, or what.

Best I got out of my 97 w/ catback, chip, udp, and cai was 15.9, and I hear friggin twilight runs 15.7's with a muffler swap and some kind of hippy designed flower pot intake. :angry:

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Originally posted by mikeo007@Aug 16 2005, 12:39 AM
Ya, that link seems sketchy...can a stock vulcan even hit 5800 rpm??
if you floor it when the engine isnt warmed up and the trans hasnt done any shifting yet

turn car on, back out of driveway, floor it til it goes that high

yes i know its a bad thing to do, only happened a few times

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
That right. My dad did the 1 trick thinking it would shift up. It did bounce around 5.5k. But doing WOT or anything it will only go up to 4.5. It sounds cool at 5.5k

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
weird my 2000 preforms good. mybe the 05 has sat too long and the engine hasen't woken up yet.
oh the Continental tires suck. i put the rims and tires from my 94 on the 2000 and the grip difference is like night and day

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
Originally posted by n2_space@Aug 16 2005, 09:35 AM
Must have sat for too long. I have no trouble leaving some marks on the pavement :eek:
I can't do a burnout either... damn those sticky tripple treads (wider than stock)

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
My vulcan stops at 6,000rpms if I manually shift it into any gear at the right speed, except 3rd and 4th, 3rd you hit 110 at about 5600rpms, so you hit the limiter.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Well, the battery was dead. This makes me suspect that the gas might have gone stale.

I don't know why the car would sit that long though. Doesn't everyone want to drive a Taurus?

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Shopping around I have had cars get jumped quit often. When the Suzuki Aerio wagon came out, they had to jumpstart the manual and the auto for me...

Plus the cars sit there with 1/4 tank of gas if that... If you live in an area with varying climates theres a good chance theres some condensation in there because they're not full.

My mom rented an '04 SEL and it felt quicker than my '96

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Originally posted by Maverick52GZ+Aug 16 2005, 02:08 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Maverick52GZ @ Aug 16 2005, 02:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mikeo007@Aug 16 2005, 12:39 AM
Ya, that link seems sketchy...can a stock vulcan even hit 5800 rpm??
my 2001 vulcan hits 5400 now that the K&N Filter is in it, hit 5200 before that. I guess it's possible, not that far off... [/b][/quote]
My vulcans rev limiter is at 5500 according to my stock tach. Was it changed for the newer models?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts