Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. i am in need of the wiring diagram for the hvac system. my ac relay and low pressure switch have no power. both the 15 amp, and the 10 amp are good. The 2 amp in the compartment is good as well. i get no power at the compressor. I checked the compressor clutch and it is good. I'm kinda at a loss here. I checked the ground at the connector on the compressor as well and its made. Just no power at all. Thanks if you can help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so to update. i did end up finding out that i had a bad relay. but that is the minor problem.. wheni power up the compressor by jumping the low pressure switch, i get 0 lbs on my guage on the low side port. bad compressor.?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gonna get a compressor next week on my day off.. when i change out the compressor. adding oil.? how should i go about it.. ? i know that some cans of freon have the oil in it.. but should i do it that way or just the oil can itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so. my car was fine driving home from work sat night. sat all day sunday and monday. Started ti up monday to go to work and it wouldn't idle. drove 30 mins to work and it would idle around 600, shut if off and started it back up and it woudnl't idle again.. gave it some gas a few times and eventually it would idle around 600 j i'm stumped.. gonna go check codes tomorrow see whats up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts