Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a tricky one...the pawl where my CC cable snaps on to the throttle linkage on my 04 Vulcan diSabled is worn or something. If I put it back on, it pops back off within a few hundred miles or so. I'm not much of a CC user so it hasn't bothered me any.

Lately I've noticed though that every so often, the throttle "sticks". I'll be driving (usually around town) when I'll notice that the car's fighting the brake. I look at the tach and it's around 1500-1800 or so even though my foot's off the gas.

What I've been doing to get it to idle down is to pop it into neutral. I'll race to 3500 or so for a few seconds, and then down to where it belongs. Today, though, that trick didn't work, so I blipped the throttle a few times and that did the trick.

Just curious, anyone ever see this before?

Oh, and is the odometer data stored in the instrument cluster or the computer? I want to replace the cluster and I need to know if it'll pull the correct mileage from the ECU.

Thanks! Carl

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
QUOTE (ConnCarl @ Apr 28 2009, 11:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=721515
Oh, and is the odometer data stored in the instrument cluster or the computer? I want to replace the cluster and I need to know if it'll pull the correct mileage from the ECU.

Thanks! Carl[/b]
Can't respond about the other issue, but the mileage stays with the cluster.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
I had the same issue with the cable. I replaced the cruise control cable, problem solved. As I recall, Mike (MWT) had the same problem as well.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Pop the hood and have a helper press on the gas pedal while you look at the throttle cable where it connects to the throttle body. You will probrably see something binding the throttle up, more than likely it'll be your CC cable if your already having problems with it, but check it out and you will probrably get a good idea of what's going wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts