Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 SEL Duratec that is shuddering mildly between gears -especially going into OD. Also, when sitting on a slight uphill grade with car in Drive and my foot off of the brake (car holding still), I can feel a split second sputter and the car will actually roll back during the very short sputter. Does this sound like a VSS issue, or do you think I'm experiencing the often read about 04 TC issue? I have drained the pan (lots of metal shavings on the magnet) and replaced the filter (made sure to refill with Mercon V), but it didn't help anything. Any advice would be much appreciated.

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts

·
I Drive A Fuze
3,053 Posts
Mine is sloppy going into OD, that's how these transmissions are programmed. VSS is called an OSS in '04 (Output Shaft Speed Sensor). Haven't seen too many of those needing replacement personally. Lots of metal shavings is never good, how many miles on the tranny?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm at 162,000. It's really wierd sitting at a stop light and feeling the car surge while holding the brake. In a way it almost feels like a miss, but to feel it and have the car roll back for a split second while in drive sitting still slightly uphill with my foot off of the brake kind of eliminated a miss to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
Stringer63
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing