Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despirately want to get keyless entry on the Taurus but having no luck finding a late model Taurus/Sable with the needed SJB in the junk yards.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all I need is an '04 or newer SJB with any 5 digit code on the side. That will allow me to use remote fobs for the locks, correct? From there I can add on a handle with keypad.

If you come across a Shadow Gray door handle with keypad, I'd love one of those too. ;)

I'm in West Palm Beach, FL

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'll keep my eyes peeled. BTW check out LKQ Self Serve if you haven't. They seem to bring in newer bulls more and more often, when compared to other self service places.

You may need to add some wiring for additional functionality...but its nothing complicated. ex-TCCA member Gentz added it to his car :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
car-part.com was my first stop for these, but they all FREAK out about the codes absolutely MUST match, or they need some kind of number off my box to determine what they've got matches.

No matter how much I explain 'the code numbers don't matter, all I need is a box with a code.', they still can't get past needing to match up the numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts