Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '04 with factory keyless entry. (I bought the car used, FYI.) I located the keypad code on the little module down near the brake pedal, but it doesn't work. I do know that the keypad is working and wired in because I can actually lock the doors with the keypad (by just pressing the last two keys simultaneously). But when I enter the factory code and then press the unlock key, nothing happens.

Is there any reasonable way that the factory code could have been changed? I know I could sit around for 20 minutes and just try all the codes in order but seriously that's gonna suck. I don't -need- this to work, it would just be nice.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Are you sure all the buttons are functioning? Press 1-2 and make sure the keypad illuminates in addition to the interior lights and mirror lights then wait for them to turn off. Repeat for each button...see if one fails to illuminate the lighting.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
Factory code can NOT Be changed. It's possible That the someone changed the caseing of the GEM. That can account for the code not working. AS the code is printed on the casing. But that is very doublful.

What is likely that one of the necessary connections doesn't have connectivity to the GEM.

You have an 02 that means there a 6 wires.
  • 2 are for illumination.
  • One is Ground
  • one is for Keys 1/2, 3/4, 5/6
  • one for key 7/8
  • one is for key 9/0 (more or less)
Now a combination of the 1/2 wire with the 7/8, 9/0 wires makes the 3/4, and 5/6 keys.
  • We don;t worry about illumination for now.
  • We know Ground works because 7/8 and 9/0 LOCK the doors.
What you can do. It move it to the garage. With the lights out press each key. Wait. IT should illuminate the keys. We know 7/8, and 9/0 do. start with those. If they DON'T illuminate, then we got some problems because we can't test the others this way.

Try that. I will be back later tonight if you have more questions.

Also, check out the guide. It's in the topic finder @ the top of the page.

you might want to try revering the red and yellow pins in the gem. it;s in the guide.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts