Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have almost got the car back together but i am having a hard time figuring out the belt routing. i have been searching the site for the last hour and i have found diagrams for pretty much all the engines except the 01-05 duratec any help would be great TIA

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody? i still cant figure it out... i need to have the belt on before i can put either my powersteering or coolant resevior back in...

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found that but had no idea how the site worked.. i guess i will have to try again. i am putting an 04 engine in my 2000 thats why i needed the help ihave no diagram to go off of like the old one on the hood. thanks for the link though!

·
Registered
448 Posts
A easy way to "figure out" is to match the face of the belt to the face of the pulley. Some pulleys have groved surface. So that must go with the groved side of the belt. The tensioner pulleys have smooth surface so it goes with the opposite side. Doing this typically helps me figure out the U -code taurus belt routing...

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i tried that also but just didnt get the right portion around the tentioner... got it now though.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
I either have to draw a picture or pull up the diagram from the manual everytime.

Mike
B)

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ussualy i can figure them out without a diagram this one just kicked my butt i guess...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts