Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been searching around the internet on how to remove my ac clutch from my 04 Taurus and I stumbled upon this site and theres a lot of useful info on here but still cant find the answer to my dilemma.

heres what I have done:
I have completely taken off the front clip and bumper of my car, I probably didn't need to do this but I couldn't figure out any other way of getting to the ac compressor.

I have taken off the serpentine belt, removed the outer most part on the compressor wheel (the thing with 3 circular parts, held on by a single 8mm bolt) I also removed the c clip that i thought would release the wheel itself, but no my surprise it didn't.

And now I'm stumped and have no idea what to do. Can I even take off the ac clutch without removing the compressor?

Thanks a lot in advance

·
Registered
354 Posts
The clutch is normally removed from under the car. With the compressor hanging down. The clutch comes off. If it is stuck there is a removal tool. Basically a bolt is threaded on and pushes the clutch off. Refer to the fsm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright well i got it off and my bearing is shot. i searched the net for a bearing but it seems that I have to buy the entire clutch drive. Is this true? you guys know anywhere that I can just get the bearing? thanks

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have taken clutches to machine shops before and they have pushed a bearing in. $20. The complete clutch kit is around $60.If you have it off and have done the hard part I would install all new parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts