Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello other Taurus owners I’m hoping for some insight here. I bought an 03 Taurus in July of 2019 with 160k miles for 1000 it ran for about 3 months then boom had to replace intake valve gaskets oil pan gaskets and a manifold gasket as well as a belt spark plugs air filter and fixed the cooling system totaling around 900$ and then put a new starter and alternator spent 200 total and then i had a shop do a power steering pump as mine was leaking for 300$ and now I need a cam synchronizer which is gonna cost me $100 total. I paid 1000 for the car expecting repairs but man it seems like it’s gonna be problem after problem. Do you think I should keep going or stop here? After I get this cam synchronizer in. Tranny seems really good it picks up speed great and drives great besides the horrid known cam squeak

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Hate to say it but the biggest repair bill if you don'r do it yourself is the timing cover gasket. It will run over $800 if you pay to have it done but less than $100 if you DIY it. All three of my Vulcan Taurus failed at around 130k miles so maybe yours is already fixed. Also I have drilled a 1/16 in hole in the plastic black sensor cap on the top towards the edge anywhere but where the wires connect. I gave it a healthy shot of chain lube oil through one of those red straw oil cans. Then cleaned the hole and covered the hole with a dab of RTV. It helped for six months. You need to address that quickly because the cam syncho drives the oil pump also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[yeah cam synchronizer is going in tomorrow, and as of now nothing else is leaking, 2500 for an 03 Ford Taurus after repairs is hopefully all I have to spend 🙏

1 - 3 of 3 Posts