Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are 03 tail lights interchangable with 04? they look almost identical.
I backed into a tahoe yesterday and am ordering tail lights today.

I can get a PAIR of 04's for 50 bucks SHIPPED. But an 03 will cost me the same for one? You see my point. Might as well replace both with the newer version if they fit.

Also am going to have to buy a new bumper. :glare:
That's not that big of an issue though. it's getting it painted that will possibly turn my wallet into a open spigot.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Why not try going to a local junk yard and see if you could find correct color bumper (unless you have a rare color) and some proper taillights?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why not try going to a local junk yard and see if you could find correct color bumper (unless you have a rare color) and some proper taillights?
I can get a PAIR of 04's for 50 bucks SHIPPED.
the junkyards around here do not have any intact tail lights and I loath cracked tail lights. Not only that but they want $90 for an '03 single driver tail light*ripoff*
But an 03 will cost me the same for one?
cost the same as in 50 dollars for 1 tail light. *semi-ripoff*
Also, I am going to have to buy a new bumper. :glare:
That's not that big of an issue though. it's getting it painted that will possibly turn my wallet into a open spigot.
The paint color I'm not worried about. I'll have it matched no doubt. It's the cost to get it painted that I have not researched and I fear might just run me into high cost.
Also, much luck to anyone who wants to try and find a bumper undamaged from a junkyard around here in chattanooga where everyone tailgates except people from out of state (aside from atlanta georgia)

Rush hours from HWY 27 to I24 to I75 is MURDER.

I pretty much have a low cost solution for brand spanking new parts.
My only question was can the 04 tail lights fit in an 03 taurus.
If so I have an even lower cost solution as I can sell my 03 passenger tail light and make most of the money back for the 04 tail lights.
WIN!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Where did you find 04 taillights for $50 shipped? Feel free to PM me if you want. I'd like to order a pair as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you find 04 taillights for $50 shipped? Feel free to PM me if you want. I'd like to order a pair as well.
Anyone else interested in 04-07 tail light housings post here or PM me.

I tried searching the forum but came up empty there as well as in google search.
These 2 different tail lights look virtually IDENTICAL but I'd like to know for sure that they will fit without modification to the wires and bolt patterns.

Surely someone has swapped before.
2003 ford taurus with 2004-2007 tail lights.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
IIRC on the 04+ ford oem tails, one of the plug socket points need a few more grooves cut out of it (very simply done) to accomodate the older plug.
Otherwise it will fit fine.
I did that mod long ogo on my 03 SEL.

If you need a new rear bumper too, you might check into getting an 04+ one.:)

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
No, you don't need to modify the harness or plug at all. I have a set of OEM '04 tails and they fit perfectly with no modifications on my '03.

·
Registered
524 Posts
50 for both?! I want to know where you got them then. I'm interest in doing the turn signal mod.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
I put 00-03 taillights on the 04 I used to own. Sold the 04 lights a couple years ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts