Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 taurus 3.0 OHV flex fuel that has a miss, hesitate, buck and sometimes stalls at 2000 rpm when pulling out when cold. Once it misses it runs fine after that, and on days its warm out above well say 55 degrees it doesnt miss at all. No engine lights come either. I have done all of the routine maintenance on it, and replaced a lot of extras with no luck. Replace plugs, wires, coil, Maf, Iac, fuel pump, fuel filter, air filter, pcv valve, cam sensor, upper intake gaskets, with NO LUCK. Any ideas? I am starting to think it maybe a computer issue! Appreciate any and all ideas!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Engine Shake until

I have the same problem however i have the problem at 500-800 RPM when i start my car, then a few mins later the engine kicks up to 1100 - 1400 RPM and then issue goes away. i took it to ford twice and they said nothing is wrong the ford computer says no codes, except Over-speed code. guess cause of me going over 110MPH.

·
Registered
3 Posts
question for you on syncro.

Hello Fellas,
I have a similar problem with my 2002 3.0 DOHC Sedan. 88K miles. Seems like the problem is worse when cold, more prevalent when I am in drive or reverse and stopped with my foot on the brake in the driveway or at a light. I replaced the IAC and it didn't help. I am in the process of replacing the plugs and wires. I wasn't quite sure what the syncro was? thank you very much for your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
thank you for getting back to me...I have replaced the PVC about 1000 miles ago...pain in butt to do it...I believe I hooked the hoses back correctly..

I had a check engine light when it first started...I figured...let me try the fuel filter...so I disconnected the battery when I did it...dumb move....I have not had a check engine again...I keep thinging it'll register again...but not yet...

any more ideas...after I replace the spark plugs and wires? I talked to a good parts guy..he suggested the IAC(already done) and the MAF(haven't done...expensive!!!).

·
Registered
23,636 Posts
No. Crc maf spray cleaner. Remove the corrugated air hose and spray the 2 small filament wires inside several times. Other cleaners can damage the coating on the wires or the wires themselves. A small price to pay in comparison to the replacement cost of the pricey maf. Also a good preventive maintenance idea to perform periodically. Others on here have used isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and q-tips or non-residue elec. contact cleaner. Someone also used brake cleaner. Im just saying i wouldnt because ive priced new mafs. I want something specified for this purpose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts