Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has removed the center console on a 03 bull and installed something else. I have a 03 SES and am not sure if different trim levels have different center consoles. I have a huge amount of wasted space and where I rest my arm, I believe is hollow with no top to lift so things can be put in the hollow space.
Has anyone done anything with this or replaced this console with something from another car?????
I do not care what it looks like.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
There are three different consoles that will swap in your car.

- The standard flip-fold seat that allows six passenger seating and a hidden cupholder/storage area.
- The floor shift console
- The fleet console (which is like the floor shift console, except it doesn't go all the way to the dash and was available for column shift models)

Or you can build your own custom console. Adding one from a different vehicle will probably take just as much effort.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I took out the flip-down extra seat / arm rest and replaced it with a modified floor shift console. This one has the flip out cup holder and not the molded in cup holders. I took the shifter opening plate and filled it in and mounted my trans temp gauge and a volt meter along with the switches for both sets of my driving lights.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, dlc your work looks nice. I typed in center console in the search function and found someone has a 99 console that would fit my needs. The author is 96GLover. I'm not going to build so I will continue to look for something.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Thanks for the compliments. Doesnt look bad for a total investment of $130.00 for everything. :D One of the more functional mods we can do for these cars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took out the flip-down extra seat / arm rest and replaced it with a modified floor shift console. This one has the flip out cup holder and not the molded in cup holders. I took the shifter opening plate and filled it in and mounted my trans temp gauge and a volt meter along with the switches for both sets of my driving lights.

Yes Sir could you call me (281) 798-6406. I am in Houston.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes Sir, I want to install a console exactly like yours. Could I contact you or could you call me at (281) 798-6406?

Roy

·
Registered
363 Posts
You Sir are Brilliant, A console on a Column shift Taurus??????.....................

I need this in my life.

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
I used a floor shift console in my 2001 column shift and installed a custom iPod /iPhone dock
ImageUploadedByAG Free1357096044.530851.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Yes Sir, I want to install a console exactly like yours. Could I contact you or could you call me at (281) 798-6406?

Roy
Roy, Sorry I havent called. With the hours I am working it is hard to get the time for a LD call. I work 3p to 1a Ohio time, where are you ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts