Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it happened again. Took my '03 Taurus on another short trip...about 135 miles. After 100 miles....the transaxle light starts blinking. This happened before after the same thing...a trip over 100 miles.
As soon as you stop for gas or whatever and restart the car...no light. The light has now been off for hundreds of miles and will most likely stay off.....until I drive it over 100 miles without stopping.

Ford says ..."it's no problem, the car is learning your driving habits and is just making adjustments. Does anyone else with this year and model have a Taurus "in school"?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have an 03 and have not had that problem at all. The fact that I bought it with 11 thousand miles already on it may be the answer to that, but I drove 300 plus miles one way and back on my vacation in June, two weeks after I bought the car, and had no problems at all.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Mine has never done anything like that :uhoh2: I suggest trying a different dealer.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Haven't seen the transaxle light come on in 11k miles. Had mine since new.

Did you ask the dealer if there were any codes stored?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I need to lean on the dealer more about this. The car just turned over 10,000 miles and I bought the car new. It does always shift fine however. Hopefully, this is more of a "software" issue than a mechanical one.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
take it back to the dealer, there's something wrong, whether it be software or mechanical, the light should not come on unless there's a problem, for them to say it's normal is BS. Take it to the dealer again, and if they feed you a line of crap, go take it somwhere else. The car has 10K miles on it, if it had to do any learning, it would be done by now.

G

·
Yeah, I'd take it in and get them to fix it. I bought my car with 20k miles on it and I've added almost 30k to that and I've never seen that light *knocks on wood*. :)

G

·
Ask for a flight recorder. They may ask you to put a deposit (~$800) on it as well as pay a diagnostic charge (usually $80). Make sure they only charge you once for the diagnostic, one dealer tried to charge me twice (one for putting the flight recorder in, then another for taking it out and reading it) then threatened to call the cops on me if I did not pay that 2nd charge.

The flight recorder connects to your obdII port and you press a button when the car acts up. It records the car's data X amount of time before you pressed the button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts