Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

So in my owners book I have a card with the keypad keyless entry code...

thats good but I dont have those buttons on my door.... Can you add that by simply going to a wreckers and pulling that part out ....

Thanks
Greg

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Sounds like either the door was replaced or the original owners manual was replaced with one from another Taurus. 2003 Taurus for sure have a little white or yellow tag up under the dash along the steering column that has the factory door code on it. You may want to verify that with the books code. All you need is a good flashlight and eyeballs that bend a bit! The VIN also gives some info. Use the search feature above to find info and some photos of code strip location.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Any Taurus equipped from the factory with remote keyless entry (clicker) received this card. The module under the dash supports additions such as keypad, autolamp, etc.

If you want the buttons, you'll need the door handle, keypad, wiring that goes from the keypad connector, through the door, through the door grommet, and up under the dash
into the SJB.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks
I went looking for a keypad code for my bros 02 sel a long time ago and i got his to work

your right this might be from another taurus ... who knows.... if i see the keycode then all i have to do is find a matching color door handle and its associated wires to go with it.....?
I do have the autolamps feature....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts