Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i just figured i would share on here how the taurus retrofit went to maybe show others the ease and looks/performance of the install.

first off to rip the housings apart i baked them for 5min at 250f and used 2 screw drivers to pry at them around the clips and once i had them far enough apart to stick my hand(with glove on) inbetween the 2 pieces i them did so and pulled them apart, really wasnt all that difficult.

next i let them cool for about 10min then took the rear housing to the garage and marked where the stock light was shining just for reference so i could get the projectors around the same spot. after i done that i took the end glare caps off the reflector housings then dremeled off a piece of plastic that the end glare cap screws into(circled in red in one of the pics).

after that i took the projectors and did a test fit and it all fit nicely and so i put them onto the car again to get the cutoff angle correctly aligned perfectly then tightened the nuts down on the back as tight as i could get them with a pair of needle nose pliers(couldnt get a wrench or socket on it due to the back of the housing) after the nuts were as tight as i could get i then used silicone on the back of the housing where the threads are and nut is to make sure the nut never backs off or gets loose. and then i put some on the inside reflector around the edge of the projector all around it to seal and help with it never turning.

next i let the housing sit for 48 hours to let the silicone cure and put both the pieces of the housing into the oven again at 250 for 5 min and proceeded to put the housings back together, mounted on the car re-aimed and good to go :)

heres everything i purchased to get this job done:
1 set Nilight 2.5" projectors -amazon=$40
1 set Kensun 35W H1 hid kit -amazon=$55
1 Kensun 9007 Bi-Xenon (Moveable Dual Beam) harness -amazon=$17
1 set EverBrightLeds 70mm LED Halo -amazon=$13 (70mm isnt the correct size for the shrouds though, should use 80mm instead)

and some pics (will update the pics tomorrow night with some better ones including one of the car in the same spot.)

heres my before pic(only got 1):


heres after(again ill update this tomorrow night with a better pic with car and camera in same position as the before pic:



heres the finished product in light:






heres a pic of the housing with the piece circled that i had to dremel off.


im satisfied with the install, but if i was to change anything it would be the halo's i would of liked to of got a set of halos that was not yellow when powered off, but alas its not a big enough deal to me to tear it apart and change them out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice work! Looks like they're aimed pretty darn good to me.
thanks, its actually not all that hard to do either. but about the aiming the height is about perfect but the left and right(horizontal) i feel is slightly crosseyed so i am going to brainstorm a little to figure out what i can do to remedy it, if i cant do anything then o well its not bad enough to sweat over.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top