Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to sell my 2003 Taurus LX. This is a great, reliable family car with ONLY 34,000 miles on it! Everything is working mechanically -whenever anything was wrong it was fixed right away- and it's in great shape besides a dent on the back right bumper (tail light was fixed). It's never been in an accident and the oil was changed every 3k miles.

It has great sound quality, a clean interior and exterior, ABS brakes, auxiliary power outlet, power steering, power mirrors, child safety locks, locking windows, rear defroster, A/C and heat, multi-disc CD player, tape player, adjustable steering wheel, power windows, AM/FM stereo, emergency trunk release, front wheel drive, new front tires were bought in winter, anti-theft system, keyless entry, and automatic start.
Can fit 6 people comfortably,very spacious, and lots of room in the trunk!

$5500 or best offer, text 847) 899-2348 or pm for more information.
pictures will be up very soon!

:rolleyes2:

Make: Ford
Model: Taurus LX
Exterior Color: Burgundy
Mileage: 34,000
Price: $5500 or best offer
Year: 2003
Condition: Used
Interior: Gray Cloth
Engine: V6 3.0L
Transmission: Automatic
Body type: 4 door sedan
VIN: 1FAFP52UX3G103690

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
it's in great shape besides a dent on the back right bumper (tail light was fixed). It's never been in an accident
?????????

$6000 is more than I got for my 2004 LX (38,000 miles) back in 2007.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
hey its an lx how can anyone pass up that price... its not like the car value goes down when you drive it off the lot. it wasnt an accident they had every intention of altering the rear end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
?????????

$6000 is more than I got for my 2004 LX (38,000 miles) back in 2007.
Well the dent is really barely noticeable, we popped the whole thing out and replaced the tail light, there's just a small separation between the bumper and the rest of the body on the back right. I don't think anyone would even notice it unless they knew it was there.
And I'm sorry if you don't agree with the price, but I really think it's worth that. And notice I'm asking for $6000 or best offer.

And thanks Bigdogg :)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
KBB Street value
Good

$5,575

• Free of any major defects.
  • Clean title history, the paints, body, and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems.
  • Little or no rust on this vehicle.
  • Tires match and have substantial tread wear left.
  • A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail.
Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.

Your starting price should at least be lowered to reflect book value. I'm sure its a nice bull but it's not worth 425 over book with a separation in the bumper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your starting price should at least be lowered to reflect book value. I'm sure its a nice bull but it's not worth 425 over book with a separation in the bumper.
That's true, thanks. I'll change it, but I'm just looking for the best offer, the $6000 doesn't really mean anything to me.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Just a word of encouragement to MarthaKay. I tried the big name internet sites and local papers to sell my '03 Taurus. A waste of money in my case. TCCA is great and also try a 'For Sale' sign in the rear side window, drive it or park it along the road or street where passerby's can see it. Mine sold quickly that way and for the price I wanted.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Activities prohibited in classified ads:</span>

1) Posting to the effect that a seller is asking too much for any item.
2) Making any kind of negative comments about the item(s) or Seller.
3) Making argumentative type posts of any sort.

Basically, if you don't have....

- A question about an ad that is posted....
- An interest in an ad that is posted....
- A positive comment to make about the item(s) being offered for sale or the person selling....

Then just don't reply. It's that simple.
The important parts are bolded! Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
My apologies to the O.P. But suggesting the change wasn't meant to be derogatory or harmful in any way. I'm sure the car is VERY Clean and it's hard to find a Taurus in that year and bodystyle with such low miles. Sorry for breaking the rules and good luck with the sale! :)

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Too bad I didn't see this about 2 months ago, I likely would have bought it!

I sold my car in 3 hours on Craigslist in March, then bought another car privately off of it the next week.

My advice –

Be honest, if there are flaws or an issue, make sure the buyers know. If you want to wait until they see the car to tell them, they may waste your time by walking away, so list everything in the ad so they’re not surprised when they see it. I had a little bit of clear-coat peeling on the roof by the rear window and I included it in the ad. You may find you get a LOT of responses, so the more details you list; it may help weed out the people who aren’t really serious.

Also, I listed the car for a few hundred more than I actually wanted. Why? So when the buyer inevitably wants to negotiate, I can “come down” on price but still get what I actually wanted for the car. If you WANT $5000 for the car, list it for $5400 and “offer to come down to $5000”. The buyer will think they succeeded in negotiating but you won’t be losing money on the deal.

Post at least 3 or 4 pictures of different angles.

If the car is due for an inspection soon, you may want to offer to get it inspected before the sale. Mine was due in the current month and although I ended up putting on brakes, it was peace of mind for the potential buyer…it just passed inspection.

I don’t know if you have the car title in hand if the car is paid off, but if not, just call ahead to the bank, dealer or whomever holds the title and make sure it will be an easy transfer. The car I bought…the couple actually owed the dealer on the car still. They could not afford the payments any more, but he made sure with the Ford dealer that they’d transfer the title to me cleanly. We actually met at the dealer to process the sale. I bought the car outright in cash (no loan, woo hoo!) and when I handed them the money for my part of the transaction, they took out what they owed on the car loan and handed it right over to the dealer.

Good luck!

·
Banned
323 Posts
Keep in mind that after 1997, the LX was the bottom of the line Taurus...the new 'G' or 'L' if you will. The SEL or SES was the top of the line.l

1 - 13 of 13 Posts