Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced original fuel pump at 115K with OEM at dealer; 5K later dealer replaced toasted fuel pump with another OEM pump; 5K later another dealer installed yet another OEM pump. New filter every time. NO Codes according to dealers. Purchasing fuel at the same station I go to with my F150.:angry:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I think I remember reading Ford had a bad batch/faulty set of fuel pumps made for Tauruses...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Three new pumps over 9 months and less than 11,000 miles. When the original pump failed we had a lot of symptoms but the 3 replacements were without warning. Suddenly find the starter spins things over but it would never starts.
Now my wife won't trust the car. Hoping someone would have "smoking gun" to look for. Thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I went through two pumps in one month and 200 miles on my 03. Just like you, I had symptoms with the original pump. So I went to Ford and they replaced the fuel pump with a Motorcraft pump. I also had the fuel filter changed out at that time. Then a month later, without any warning whatsoever, the car died. Had the car towed back to Ford. They told me it was the fuel pump, and that Ford was having a big problem with their fuel pumps for the Taurus. Apparently, Ford manufactured a defective batch of fuel pumps and I got one. And I was also told that it was on backorder until Ford could fix the issue. I didn't get my car back for 25 days!! I have been driving the car for about a month now, and put another 200 miles on it, and haven't had a problem.....yet. You should ask your Ford dealer about this "bad batch" of fuel pumps and see what they say. My service advisor told me that Ford supposedly fixed the issue (though they couldn't tell me exactly why the pump failed so soon) with these updated fuel pumps, and I know that both of my service invoices have different part numbers. I can only hope this new pump lasts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts