Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a Pioneer DEHP3100UB SCD Receiver with USB control and LCD, 2 Kenwood KFC-C6882IE 6-Inch x 8-Inch 240-Watt Max Power Two-Way Custom Fit speakers for the front, 2 Pioneer TS-A6882R 6" x 8" 4-Way 280-Watt Speakers for the back, a 1000w kenwood amp, and a Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" Performance Series Subwoofer. let me know what you think

·
Registered
587 Posts
what your thought on this amp instead?
Kicker 08ZX200.4 4-channel car amplifier — 35 watts RMS x 4 at Crutchfield.com

also i would go with 2 set of componets one set for the front doors and one for the rear doors. i would go with 5.25 inch speakers all with the same spl pioneers are good so are cadence phenoix gold and morel , cdt etc... but i think morel's are not in the price range your looking for. as for sub amps i just got a 1000 watt rms sub amp for 115 shiped free. it was us amps by re audio it hit nice sounds good and has plenty of power. so just a suggestion i will see if there is any more in a minute there are a ton of deal are you looking to keep it all the same or ?? like all componet the same brand as sub etc...

·
Registered
587 Posts
i found these amp these are not bad at all for what your paying. they would be good for a 600-650 watts rms worth of subs.
try ebay and amazon and millionbuy.com some time you can spot a deal lol's.

amps refering to is in link
SOUNDSTREAM RUB1.800D RUBICON SERIES CAR AMPLIFIER - eBay (item 300439910236 end time Jul-22-10 07:49:15 PDT)

this would be perfect for that rubicon amp

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_500SWR1042/Alpine-SWR-1042D.html?tp=111

single boxes that are cheap to ship and cheap them selfs.

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=144

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
I like to think that less is more sometimes. With all of that amp wattage, do your headlights dim to the beat at stop lights?

Seriously, I would put in a capacitor or look into upgrading the alternator.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm just a 17 year old fixing up my Taurus and I saved up a few hundred bucks for a system. I'm not looking to change it, just for your thoughts. I think the sub hits very well and the sound quality is fantastic and loud. And in reply to the alternator, I did the big 3 upgrade, headlights seem fine to me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts