Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I just figured why the ABS light is on, the reason the part was so cheap from Advance is due to the fact you have to get the ring for the ABS. I should've known better so that screw up is on me. However the other question regards the fuel issue it's had. The car has a damper on it which surprisingly not a large amount came with a vacuum-less damper, question is though since she doesn't have the money to take the chance on ordering one would switching the fuel rail help. I've went through everything on the fuel system so this is the last shot before it's narrowed down to the computer being bad. Any ideas? Maybe something I'm missing?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The car supposedly had 63k on it when the dealer screwed her a few years ago and its only got 81k on it now. With everything I've had to replace and everything that's still wrong with it I see why it was traded in. I do question if the mileage is true just based on how it was before I started helping her.

·
Registered
10,036 Posts
Best post year and engine. Different years do different fuel systems. Fuel rail damper rare issue. Unless it leaks you have no issue.
-chart-

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's causing it to surge? It seems like every part I've changed slowly does improve it, it's just so confusing why it's doing it to begin with.

·
Super Moderator
8,117 Posts
^^^ +1

Damper either works perfectly or leaks. Leaks are VERY rare.

What are the exact symptoms your car is experiencing? What engine? What have you done so far to troubleshooting have you done so far?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The exact symptom is a random hesitation, it acts like its misfiring all to **** regardless of the car in gear or not. It comes for a couple minutes then disappears. As far as what I've replaced I've done quite a bit

Complete tune-up; plugs, wires, coil, everything.
Replaced everything but the damper in the fuel system, pump and all.
All new gaskets from the lower intake up
IAC, TPS, EGR, MAP sensor

Honestly I've done so much I even forget. She bought it used for 4g from a dealer and it was pitiful the shape it was in, so bad I question if it really did have 63k when she got it

[Q
^^^ +1

What are the exact symptoms your car is experiencing? What engine? What have you done so far to troubleshooting have you done so far?
UOTE="Jeff K, post: 3472983, member: 11378"]
^^^ +1

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The exact symptom is a random hesitation, it acts like its misfiring all to **** regardless of the car in gear or not. It comes for a couple minutes then disappears. As far as what I've replaced I've done quite a bit

Complete tune-up; plugs, wires, coil, everything.
Replaced everything but the damper in the fuel system, pump and all.
All new gaskets from the lower intake up
IAC, TPS, EGR, MAP sensor

Honestly I've done so much I even forget. She bought it used for 4g from a dealer and it was pitiful the shape it was in, so bad I question if it really did have 63k when she got it

[Q

UOTE="Jeff K, post: 3472983, member: 11378"]
^^^ +1

[/QUOTE]
My guess is that it started messing up and they couldn't figure it out and said screw it time to trade in. I'll have to get a good picture so you all can she what she got, she wanted to be a big girl and she was. Now it's my headache

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wanted to post an update about this issue just in case you all run into something similar. After replacing most of the fuel system and getting the same results I had to track down a damper for that car because for some reason Taurus's from 00-07 are random with certain parts. It's almost like they just dug into the parts bin and said eff it. As far as I can tell the car is fixed, it idles beautifully and sometimes it feels like the car is off because of how quiet it is. Even though the damper on that car had no vacuum running to it or a sensor plugged in. Honestly I wish I would've tried that from the beginning but with the shape it was in I just assumed it was something else but nope it was the damper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts