Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve got a weird issue. I’ve searched and searched, so I’m making a post.

I had replaced my cats (the y cat assembly) about six months ago. Replaced injectors, got a vacuum hose too close to a hot area and it melted, causing a misfire code. Fixed that, code went away. Then started getting this lean code, random misfires and read could be a vacuum leak. Turns out I also forgot to plug a vacuum hose at the intake. Fixed that and the code went away. Then I got a code for bank 1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 2 both for the heater part of the sensor. The after market y cat assembly didn’t account for a metal plate, which I didn’t notice when installing, and it bent and smooshed the wires on the bank2 sensor2. So, I had to cut the sensor to get it out and do a little fabrication to put a new one in. Now the codes are bank1 sensor 2 and bank2 sensor2 stuck lean. I’m lost. I did nothing to the other sensor but spray some electrical cleaner in the connections. Did that to all 4 02 sensors, just Incase there was grease in them. Had a little power steering leak that got them dirty. How did the code change? I feel like there’s another issue and the sensors weren’t really a problem. Any help appreciated.

2006 Ford Taurus, 130k miles.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Most likely an induction leak causing the PCM to try to compensate for it. Otherwise a bad injector is something I've seen.
Take off the plenum and examine it carefully, change the gaskets, clean up the mating surface on the intake manifold and put it back together. Could be a O2 sensor, but not often. I would bet not both of them at the same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts